Basic Tips to Get the Most Out of This Course
Your two main goals for this course should be 1) to understand everything in the dialogue without following along in the transcript and 2) to incorporate the vocabulary, expressions, and ideas into your Spanish practice.
1) First, listen to the dialogue without reading along to see how much you can understand. Then you can listen and read along at the same time. This will help you understand much more than the first time. Then listen again without reading along. You should notice an improvement. Continue doing this and eventually you should understand all of the conversation without even looking at the transcript.
2) Read the conversation out loud to get some speaking practice and also reinforce what you’re learning.
3) Listen to these dialogues often. You can put them on your mp3 player and listen to them while you’re going to work, school, exercising, etc. Get your ears used to the language by exposing yourself to it frequently.
4) Write your down example sentences or stories using the vocabulary and expressions from the dialogues. Writing is a great way to reinforce what you’re learning.
5) Make a point to incorporate what you’re learning when you practice your Spanish with friends or native speakers.
If you have any other ways you’d like to share, please send me an email and let me know.